- Mitchell L. Stump, CPA, PA;
- Club Book Series, Inc.
- Club Tax Network, Inc.
- Educated in West Virginia public schools;
- B.A.. in Business Administration, Marshall University, Huntington, WV, 1971.
- November, 1970 senior year tragedy "We Are Marshall" movie trailer.
- Certified Public Accountant, North Carolina, 1979;
- Licensed to practice in Florida, 1991.
- Internal Revenue Service; Revenue Agent; 1972-1980;
- Public accounting:
- Dixon Odom & Co.; 1980–1988; Firm Wide Tax Partner for firm with 9 North Carolina offices;
- Cherry Bekaert & Holland; 1988–1991; Director of Tax for firm with 27 offices in the Southeast;
- McGladrey & Pullen; 1991-1996; Partner; West Palm Beach; serving Florida’s 120 Club clients in the tax area;
- Mitchell L. Stump, CPA, PA; 1996-present;
- Other Entities:
- Club Book Series, Inc.; Established to market Club specific publications; 2006-present;
- Club Capital Planners, a Division of Mitchell L. Stump, CPA, PA; Created in conjunction with Paul Mueller; 2007-present;
- Club Tax Network, Inc.; Founder of national network of CPA's and Attorneys; 2009-present.
CLUB SPECIFIC PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
Recognized as a leading resource to the Club Industry nationally:
- Author and publisher of Club Tax Book - "An Accumulation of Tax Issues Specific To Clubs";
- Author and publisher of Club Sales & Use Tax Book - Florida - "An Accumulation Of Sales & Use Tax Issues Specific To Florida Clubs";
- Author and publisher of Club Equity Conversion Book – "An Accumulation Of Club Equity Conversion Issues Specific To Clubs";
- Author and publisher of Club “It’s All About Golf” Book – "The Musings Of A Tax Guy";
- Creator with attorney Michelle Tanzer and publisher of Club Litigation Book – "Keeping Clubs Out of Court";
- Contributing author of Uniform System of Financial Reporting for Clubs;
- Honorary Member, Club Managers Association of America, FL Chapter;
- Member Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals;
- Past Local Chapter Director HFTP, Treasure Coast & Gold Coast Chapters;
- Uniform System Of Accounting Revision Subcommittee;
- Former AICPA Exempt Organizations Taxation Technical Resource Panelist;
- Board Member, National Alliance for Accessible Golf
- The Exempt Organization Tax Review Advisory Board Member;
- Frequent writer and speaker and quoted on Club related issues in publications and at Club related conferences, including:
- Florida CPA Today Magazine;
- Club Management Magazine;
- CMAA Club Managers Association of America Conferences;
- HFTP Hospitality Financial & Technology Professionals Conferences;
- PCMA Professional Club Marketing Association Conferences;
- Practical Accountant Magazine;
- The Board Room Magazine;
- The Bottomline Magazine;
- The Club Marketing Report;
- The Exempt Organization Tax Review;
- The Society of Golf Appraisers
- The Private Club Advisor Newsletter;
- The Tax Adviser Magazine.
- CMAA Premier Club Services; Club Tax Book 1999-2000 Signature Item of the Year;
- The BoardRoom Magazine Awards:
- 1999 New Product of the Year; Club Tax Book;
- 2000 Golf Tax Consultant of the Year; 2nd Place;
- 2000 Outstanding Article Submission; "The Internet & 501(c)(7) Clubs";
- 2001 Tax Consultant of the Year; 2nd Place;
- 2001 Outstanding Marketing Article; "501(c)(7) Clubs - Advertising for New Members";
- Golf Inc. May/June 2016 - Golf's Top Consultants; Top Ten Experts most recommended in the Industry